1. Making changes or Correction in PAN data
Suppose an applicant needs to change or correct a data on their PAN card. They will need to follow a process to get it done. Mentioned below are the steps that the applicant needs to follow:
- First, they will have to visit www.myutiitsl.com and click on the CSF Form that states ‘Request for New PAN Card or/and Changes or Correction in PAN Data’.
- Once the form is filled up, the applicant can click on the submit tab.
- Once the fee is paid, the applicant will be given an acknowledgement number.
- The applicant is expected to keep the acknowledgement number handy to check the status of the correction application.
To check the correction application status, the applicant needs to visit www.trackpan.utiitsl.com. Then they will have to key in the acknowledgement number of their application and hit the submit tab. The status of their application will be shown on the screen of their computer.
Click here >> Download PAN Card Correction Form in PDF Format
Click here >> Download PAN Card Correction Form in Excel Format
2. For Change Or Correction in PAN card details Like Name, Date Of Birth Or Father’s Name, The Applicant Should Submit Supporting Documents Such As:
- In the case of Name Change after marriage :
- Marriage certificate,
- wedding invitation card,
- publication of name change in a gazette, and
- a copy of passport showing spouse’s name should be submitted.
- Individuals must submit proof of publication of name-change in gazette,
- Companies must submit Registration Certificate for name change,
- Partnership firms should submit revised partnership deed, and
- Limited Liability Partnership must submit ROC for name change.
- Change in date of birth for individuals and change of incorporation for companies should be supported with documents containing the correct date.
- The contact address mentioned in the application form will be updated in the Income Tax Department database.
3. Documents required to support changes in PAN Card details
Any changes in personal information on a PAN should be supported by relevant documents. The table below highlights the documents needed for a particular change request
|Change in name of individual
|Name change certificate from a gazetted officer/name change publication in official gazette
|Change in date of birth
|ID proof with correct date of birth
|Change in name of females (due to marriage)
|Marriage certificate/invitation card/certified copy from gazetted officer
|Change in name of company/firm
|Certificate from registrar of Companies/updated partnership deed
4. FAQs – PAN Card Correction Form 2019
1. How to request for corrections in my PAN card details online?
Visit official website of TIN-NSDL and click on Apply for PAN online.
Under ‘Application Type’, choose “Request for New PAN Card or/and Changes or Correction in PAN data” and fill all mandatory fields along with the corresponding boxes of the appropriate item where correction is required. For instance, if you need correction in your name, you need to check the corresponding box.
2. Who can request for changes or correction in PAN data?
Only those who already have a PAN Card but wish to make changes or corrections in the existing data such as
- Wrongly spelt details
- Change in name following marriage for women or change in name for individuals for some other reasons
- Change in father’s name or date of birth
3. Do I need to pay any fee while requesting for corrections in my PAN card details?
Yes, you have to pay processing fee while applying for corrections in your PAN card details. If your communication address is within India, the processing fee is Rs.110 and if it is outside India it is Rs.1020.
4. What are the documents required for correction of PAN card details
You have to submit the following documents while requesting for correction in PAN card details
- Copy of existing PAN card or PAN allotment letter
- Identity proof such as Aadhaar card, Elector’s photo identity card, driving license, passport, etc.
- Address proof
- Date of Birth proof such as Aadhaar, SSC certificate, Birth certificate, etc.
- Proof in support of requested changes, if any
5. Are the PAN card form and the PAN card correction form different?
No, the form that applicants need to fill for a new PAN card as well as for correction of existing PAN details are not different. They are the same form that applicants are required to fill up. The form is known as Form 49A.
6. Which documents serve as proof in support of requested changes in PAN card
- For women to change their surname following marriage, they can submit either a marriage certificate or wedding invitation card, copy of passport with husband’s name, certificate from gazetted officer
- Individual applicants with change in name for some other reasons can submit certificate from a gazetted officer or publication of name change in official gazette
- For change in date of birth, individuals can submit relevant proof with correct date of birth
7. How to request for a new PAN card online without any changes in details?
To request a new PAN card without any changes in the details is like requesting for reprint of PAN card, in case you have lost it.
You can choose the same option, “Request for New PAN Card or/and Changes or Correction in PAN data”, fill all the required fields but don’t tick any of the boxes for change.
8. Can I get pan card correction form in excel & pdf format?
Yes, you can get in both excel and pdf format and you can download latest correction form online.
9. While Applying For Correction In A Pan Card, I Have Paid Rs. 1,000 More. How Do I Get This Money Back?
As far as I am concerned, there is no way of getting back the amount that you have paid. However, as you have not mentioned as to whom you have paid the amount, it would be better if you could get in touch with NSDL officials and get more details regarding the matter. You can write to them at email@example.com or call them on 020-27218080 between 7:00 a.m and 11:00 p.m all through the week. You can also fax them at 020-27218081. Hope the information helps you.
10. What does it mean when my PAN card correction status is showing ‘Application verified and is being moved for processing’?
If the status shows ‘Application verified and is being moved for processing’, it means that the application which was filed by you has been verified and is being processed by the authorities. If you have further queries, you can contact the authorities for more clarifications regarding the application.
11. How do I edit my submitted PAN Card application on the NSDL site?
Unfortunately, once the PAN application is submitted it cannot be edited. The only way to change the details that you wanted to change can be carried out only after you receive the 10-digit alphanumeric PAN number. This can be done by following the steps mentioned below:
- Visit NSDL website.
- Select ‘PAN Correction’ option from the ‘application type’ dropdown.
- Fill in the details and click ‘Submit’.
- Next, you will be redirected to a new page where you would be required to submit scanned images through e-Sign as well as mention the PAN card number whose details are to be corrected.
- Next, provide the address details.
- Thereafter, upload accepted proof of age, residence and identity.
- Next, make the payment which can be done through demand draft, net banking or credit or debit card.
- After successful payment, acknowledgement must be downloaded, printed and sent to NSDL e-Gov after affixing two photographs on the space provided and cross-signing it. All documents submitted also needs to be attached with the acknowledgement prior to sending it.