Section 11(5) specifies the following modes of Deposit / investment:
(1) Investment in Government Saving Certificates and any other Securities or Certificates issued by the Central Government under its Small Saving Scheme.
(2) Deposits with Post Office Savings Banks.
(3) Deposits with Scheduled Banks or Co-operative Banks (including a Cooperative Land Mortgage Bank or a Cooperative Land Development Bank).
(4) Investments in the units of Unit Trust of India.
(5) Investments in Central or State Government Securities.
(6) Investments in debentures issued by or on behalf of any company or corporation.
However both the principal and interest thereon must have been guaranteed by the Central or the State Government.
(7) Investment or deposits in any public sector company.
(8) Investment in bonds of approved financial corporation providing long term finance for industrial development
(9) Investment in bonds of approved public companies whose principal object is to provide long- term finance for construction or purchase of houses in India for residential purposes.
(10) Investment in immovable property excluding plant and machinery, not being plant and machinery installed in a building for the convenient occupation thereof.
(11) Deposits with or investment in any bonds issued by a public company formed and registered in India with the main object of carrying on the business of providing long-term finance for urban infrastructure in India.
Explanation. —For the purposes of this clause, —
(a) long-term finance means any loan or advance where the terms under which moneys are loaned or advanced provide for repayment along with interest thereof during a period of not less than 5 years;
(b) public company shall have the meaning assigned to it in section 3 of the Companies Act, 1956;
(c) urban infrastructure means a project for providing potable water supply, sanitation and sewerage, drainage, solid waste management, roads, bridges and flyovers or urban transport.
(12) Deposits with the Industrial Development Bank of India.
(13) Any other form or mode of investment or deposit as may be prescribed.